Thursday, March 19, 2009
Ultimate Blog Party
Parties just went high tech! Actually, it is me who is new to the Ultimate Blog Party. (UBP) The party is hosted by the hardworking and generous ladies at 5 Minutes for Mom, who want to promote our blogs. How great is that!?
The party will last from March 20 - 27 and if it's anything like last year's party, it will involve over a thousand bloggers and hundreds of prizes. Visit 5 minutes for Mom to see who linked up and what they are doing on their site.
As any party goer, I want to briefly introduce myself. My name is Heather and I'm from the suburbs of one of the larger cities in Kentucky. I'm a wife and stay at home mom to the best boy and best girl in the world, at least in this mom's opinion. I enjoy cooking, saving money, having fun with the family, and tweaking the decor in my home. Those are some of the topics you will see here at Just Doing My Best.
Just Doing My Best is named with the understanding that all we have is our personal best. We cannot do any more than that, but we can keep learning and trying. The purpose of this blog is to give you ideas and inspiration to do your best in your own home, whether you work at home, outside the home, or not for pay at all and regardless of whether or not you have children.
I hope this site will help make your job at home easier and I'm looking forward to learning from you as well. I already have some fabulous readers who have taught me so much but there is always room for more ideas. If this sounds good to you, I hope you will consider subscribing to my feed (upper right corner) or checking back often.
On to the party....
Here at Just Doing My Best, the week of March 20-27 will include:
- On the 20th, I will kick-off a series on Frugal Family Fun.
- On the 22nd, you will meet a writer who will help us see past the small emergencies that can consume our day and help us focus on what really matters in our homes. I have personally met her and can tell you she is the real deal and lives what she writes.
- On the 24th, watch for my all-time, favorite prize-winning recipe. I am so excited about a cook-off that I won over the weekend using my grandpa's recipe. It is so delicious that the world just must experience the greatness of this dish!
- On the 27th, the week will end with the start of my first giveaway and more frugal ideas just for mom.
- Each day will include something new, so check back frequently or subscribe to the Reader (upper right corner) to have the updates delivered to you.
This will be an exciting time! A party isn't a party unless you meet new people and have fun, so take a look around and check out the sidebar for past posts to get an idea of what this site is about. Feel free to leave me a comment and when you are finished, be sure to check out the other bloggers. Have fun!
I finally finished wading through the massive list of prizes and these are my top three picks:
- Lifetime Membership to Mom Masterminds
- $50 gift bundle offered by YouCanMakeThis.com
- $100 gift card to HomeGoods
and if those are taken, these look fantastic too:
- Mom/daughter flip flops by TopItOffAccessories.com
- Case of product by Dei Fratelli
- or any of the Target, Kohls or Amazon gift cards
Labels: Ultimate Blog Party
I am stopping by from The Ultimate Blog Party to check your blog out and say hello. We are in for a great week!
Check out my place for your chance to win a LeapFrog Tag Reading System. :)
The Divine Miss Mommy
Talk about a party!
I'm quite intrigued and am learning how to get around!
Just stopping by from 5minutes for moms blog party!
I love the title of your blog!
I am doing some blog hopping from the UBP and I thought I would drop in! Hope your having a great time at the UBP and if you get a chance come visit me at my blog!
I look forward to reading more about you!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]