Just Doing My Best

has been moved to new address

http://www.justdoingmybest.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Just Doing My Best: Dinner Conversation - Part 2

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

 

Dinner Conversation - Part 2


Last week, I shared with you how we learn about the children's day while gathered around the dinner table. I promised you another conversation idea this week. This week's idea will not only make the meal time more fun, but will also give you an interesting glimpse into your children's developing personalities.

A while back I found a book called Kidchat Too! and fell in love with it. This book is intended to spark conversations by offering fun and unusual questions. We have had some enlightening and funny discussions that also taught me things about my children (and husband) that I never knew. Some of the questions are lighthearted while others are a little deeper. One example that we used is, "What do you think will be the hardest part of being an adult one day?" Another question children enjoy is, "If a soda company asked you to come up with a new flavor of soda, what would it be?"

I also found a great printable list of questions at
Listplanit.com. At a restaurant recently, I asked one of the questions from the Listplanit.com list and the children had so much fun with it that they asked if I had anymore questions!

Since this week I am discussing Spring, I should mention that this dinner conversation idea can be even better by pulling your patio set out of storage taking dinner outside. Have fun!


Whimsical conversation starters work for our family and you can find more Works for Me Wednesday tips at We Are That Family.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I'm LOVING these question ideas and books! They sound like so much fun. I'll have to bookmark them in my favorites so I can look them up properly during good ol naps. Thanks for the great suggestions.
 
Runningamuck,
These make dinner time so interesting. I'm glad you like them! Thanks for reading and commenting,
Heather
 
We LOVE those kinds of books. I put that in on my PBS queue.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]