Just Doing My Best

has been moved to new address

http://www.justdoingmybest.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Just Doing My Best: The Necessary Items for an Unexpected Sick Child Day

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

 

The Necessary Items for an Unexpected Sick Child Day


Tonight as the evening wound down, I realized I may have a sick child tomorrow. You are probably just as familiar with that dreaded in-between phase as I am. You know the one, where you wonder if sleep will produce a happy child ready to face the day with only a couple of sniffles or rather a child who has succumbed to the most popular virus at school.

Tonight is one of those nights, but I feel relieved that regardless of what the morning brings, I am ready. I have the basic items needed for a sick day, or at least the first several hours until my guy gets off work in the evening and can stop by the store.

The items I always have on hand for sick days are:

If you have these items on hand, you will not have major problems from children waking up sick unexpectedly. Being prepared and purchasing the items with frugality in mind, works for me.

Do you do anything differently to prepare for sick children? I'd love to hear what works for your family.

You will find more tips at Works for Me Wednesday hosted by We Are THAT Family.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
we keep gatorade on hand. I like to have a movie tucked back that we haven't watched. If possible, a quick trip to the dollar store for a few new items (coloring book, etc.) is great. you covered the biggies. thanks for sharing!
 
Great idea on the canned sodas. I never would have thought of that! If I keep cans within eyesight, they seem to disappear : )
 
Rachel,
Gatorade and movies are a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Heather


Meredith,
Thanks so much for the comment and for stopping by!
Heather
 
Good list of items to keep on hand, thanks! I also keep a Bed Buddy on hand too, it's a long narrow bag full of a rice mixture I stumbled across years ago in an "everything and beyond store" that you can toss in the microwave and it stays warm like a hot water bottle with less mess. Great for chills or everyday aches and pains too!
 
Shannon,

That is a good idea. I was about to say it sounds great for the younger ones, but I think I would like it too. :)

Heather
 
Great & informative post!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]