Just Doing My Best

has been moved to new address

http://www.justdoingmybest.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Just Doing My Best: Information Board

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

 

Information Board

I should have titled this: Never Miss the Garbage Pick-up Again.

We missed getting the trash out to the road for pick-up once again. Our disposal company does not seem to have a rhyme or reason to which holidays it observes. I assumed that since Monday was a Federal holiday and they did not come on other Federal holidays, they would observe this one too, making them a day late. I was wrong. My olfactory senses and I are glad it's not summer, which would allow quicker fermentation of the garbage within smelling distance of our home.

This smelly oversight has a solution though. I have an information board on the inside door of a cabinet that we use for miscellaneous household supplies. There is some information we need routinely and looking up the same phone numbers grew old, so I began taping them to the inside of the door. I included the numbers of our doctors, my hair stylist, the dog groomer (guess I need to update since we no longer have a dog), the tax preparer, etc. I will print out the garbage pick-up schedule from their website and tape it to my information board.

Missing the garbage didn't work for me but I found a solution. For some ideas that actually work, visit Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer.

Do you have a handy method of keeping track of important information that needs to be at your fingertips?

Labels: , ,


Comments:
We're lucky here, the city sends out a garbage schedule that says when they pick up normal garbage and when they pick up paper garbage at our address. It isn't quite so important for me as I live in an apartment building with dumpsters but it does list the special pickups for chemical stuff and Christmas trees.
 
Oh to have garbage pick-up...
 
Great idea. I actually put those same types of numbers in the address book on my computer. All I have to do is type one word and the number pops up instantly!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]