Just Doing My Best

has been moved to new address

http://www.justdoingmybest.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Just Doing My Best: Calico Beans - a hearty dish that stretches ground beef

Sunday, February 15, 2009

 

Calico Beans - a hearty dish that stretches ground beef

1/2 pound ground beef
1 medium (1/2 cup) chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons vinegar
1 can pork and beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can lima beans

Brown beef and saute onion until tender. Combine beef, onion, ketchup, salt, brown sugar, mustard and vinegar in a 3 quart baking dish. Partially drain beans and add to baking dish, stirring gently.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Great served with cornbread!

For more recipes, visit Organizing With Sandy.

Labels:


Comments:
This sounds really good, I am saving it to use next time ground beef is on sale. Thanks for linking to In the Moment.
 
Oh wow...I love beans and cornbread. This looks awesome.
 
Thanks! It really is wonderful and great for pot-lucks too. I have substituted various beans for whatever I had on hand and it still turned out well.

Thanks for reading AND commenting!
Heather
 
Heather, I'm linking to this for Menu Plan Monday, can't wait to try it.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]