Just Doing My Best

has been moved to new address

http://www.justdoingmybest.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Just Doing My Best: Fun in the Snow

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

 

Fun in the Snow


Our part of the country has been slammed by winter weather and we were getting rather excited about the 4-6 inches of predicted snow. See my sidebar for the reasons why we love winter.

So, I was all geared up for some fun in the snow with my kids. I have a new snow activity prepared (stayed tuned for that one) and we were going to make snowcream. Unfortunately, we got only a tad bit of snow, but we can now measure the accumulating ice. In fact, I just watched a tree branch fall under the weight. Freezing rain is expected to continue which does not bode well for our winter recipe, so I'm providing this for those of you lucky enough to get snow rather than ice.

Snow Cream

1 gallon snow
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk

Mix together and enjoy.


Enjoy some for us and come back tomorrow to see our other snow activity. The question now, will the freezing rain change to snow? Can we use our other activity or will we ice skate on the driveway?

Labels: ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]